Bridey Lewis is the founding member of Lewis & Shane. So who is Bridey?
“I was born and bred on the Yorke Peninsula and know what it means to be an active member of a country – community. I have lived in the local area for over 10 years and I actively participate in local sporting clubs and committees.
After 8 years of working under senior partners at other law firms, including Hunt & Hunt and Griffin Hilditch in Adelaide and more recently in the Barossa Valley, I wanted to branch out and start up my own practice near my home in Willaston. In 2014, Lewis & Shane opened up for business in Hewett servicing clients in Gawler and the surrounding Barossa Valley and Light regional district.
Currently, I work in a varied role which includes the fields of family law and wills and estates, however my focus in recent years has also extended to property law, contractual and business advice, including liquor licensing , debt collection and succession advice.
I live, play sport, and have long-term friends within the Gawler and Barossa Valley region which assists me in networking and dealing with a variety of clients in the area because I live, breathe and hear the issues that affect people within that region. This has greatly assisted me in gaining repeat work clients whereby I now have whole families coming to me for their various legal needs.
Working as a country lawyer has developed me into an approachable lawyer that has learnt to stay client focused- meaning a lawyer that can communicate with a client as a real person (not talking legalese to confuse them), but most importantly a lawyer that tries to make her clients feel welcomed and assured their issues are important no matter how big or small.”
- Member of Law Society of South Australia
- Past Member Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Member of Australian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG) 2003 -2004
- Member of Chartered Accountants Students’ Society (CASS), 1999
- Member of CPA Passport Program, 1997-1998
Additional Qualifications and Achievements:
- President of Barossa, Light & Gawler Netball Association 2012 – 2016
- Committee Member of Barossa, Light & Gawler Netball Association since 2009
- South Australian Netball Association Delegate for Barossa Light & Gawler Netball Association 2009 – 2016
- Vice President of Tanunda Netball Club, 2009
- Committee Member of Tanunda Netball Club, 2008 -2009
- Secretary of Willaston Cricket Club 2016 – 2017
- Author of paper entitled, “Tort Law Reform in South Australia,” which was presented by Griffin Hilditch to Zurich Australia, Laidlaw Young and various clients.
- Former Board Member of the Board of Trustees of Foundation Barossa